Eurovision 2019 backstage : lighting behind the stage
The stage Eurovision 2019 features the highest resolution backing LED screen in the history of the song contest:
- 36 metres wide,
- 12 metres tall,
- 12 vertical screens that rotate 180 degrees.
These vertical screens allow light through from the back of the stage.
Back wall of light and LED screen
Lighting design studio : WYSIWYG R42 Update 1
- 2100 lighting fixtures
- 80 kilometres of cable is used for the stage lighting alone
- 100 000€ saving in diesel by using LED powered lights
- 11 lighting desks to run lighting
- 120 000 control parameters
- 250 active DMX universes
- 24 remote controlled Followspots operated with the Litecom Spotdrive system
- 527 Ayrton Magic Blade on the backwall
- 24 days of pre-programming for the lighting designer and their operators
- 30 people to run lighting operations in show mode
- 2 991 main power circuit breakers for lights
- 80 024 meters of cable for lighting alone
- 20 frames per second
Prism and ceiling triangles construction
The stage :
- 250 metres squared in size,
- 12 meter long runways with bridges that connect them to the main stage.
130 LED triangles in the overhead lighting structure.
These triangles allow the flags of each country to appear before each performance.
Behind the stage : the crew
30 crew members and stage management on the ground of the stage.
They switch props in the 40 second-long postcard between songs.
Pyrotechnics and special effects
- 10 Le Maitre FreezeFog – G300 Heavy fog machines
- 8 Ultratec Floor Pockets
- 24 TBF Single Shot Flame Machines
- 24 Explo GX-2 Flame Machines
- 20 MagicFX Sparxtar, Spark Machines
- 18 MagicFX Smoke Jet
- 24 pyroracks on stage, 16 ch each.
- Waterfall trusses with 40 holders
- 4 FireCTRL G2 Pyrocontrollers
- 1 MA Dot2 DMX controller
- 100 FireCtrl field modules
- 6 FireCtrl Relay Racks for Flame Units
- 4 MagicFX Stadium Blaster for Confetti
- 4 Sigma Confetti Cannons
- 2 Universal Effects Wind Machine
- 8 MagicFX Stage Fans
- 2 Look Solutions Power Tiny smoke machines
Sweden, John Lundvik, Too Late for Love
Huge flat LED luminaire behind the singer John Lundvik.
Australia, Kate Miller-Heidke, Zero Gravity
Side and back lighting combines with starry sky pictures on the LED screen.
Pays Bas, Duncan Laurence, Arcade, the winner
Laser ceiling on the fog interfere by one suspended globe light.
Blue back lighting and white side light on the singer Duncan Laurence.
Impressive performances, Eurovision 2019
En savoir plus
- Projet de scène et plafond en triangles, 10 janvier 2019, Light ZOOM Lumière
- Simulations de la scène de Florian Wieder et KAN, 2 mars 2019, Light ZOOM Lumière
- Eurovision Song Contest
- Eurovision Diary 2019, M&M Production
- The stage is nearly ready to kick off: new pictures released, 19 avril 2019, ESC Today
- The stage is taking shape, 15 avril 2019, EurovisionWorld
Poursuivez votre recherche
- Israel Trade Fairs & Convention Center
- Tel Aviv, Israël